Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ecoterm Meeting

It was great experience in Ecoterm workshop on 5th and 6th of october, at Fao, Rome. I got a chance to represent AIMS registry and Mapping projects. Beside this, I talked with several wornderful person. Gail was wonderful lady with vast knowledge. From the workshop, I came to learn that we should take initiatives now for building enviroment terminology for future. It is a big issue of climate change in the earth. We need universal theasurus for earth science ,geo science. I know it is difficult to build or difficult to maintains. We can keep our finger cross.

I did not satisfy about any mapping project. Nobody explained me clearly about their thoughts. Isaac asked me about prefLabel from SKOS. I have not found any ontology matching tool using SKOS files. In our case , we can use it by parsing skos file.


My idea was concept faced based matching, I was not so smart to explain it. But I feel that we can use it for matching purpose. Facet is a distinct feature of concept that contains hidden knowledge of a Concept. I am writing a paper on it now. Hoping that it will be published and people will get know about more thoughts of mine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

not bad at all........!hope your dreams will come true n also best wishes for your paper writing...

jeetendra singh said...

It was really great experience to share ideas with semantic community during the ecoterm meeting but your semantic matching tool is going toward to integration of controlled vocabulary. great, your work is appreciated. all the best!